Juicing: Lady in yo face
On the recommendation of a friend (thanks Christina!), I tried the following concoction:
- 2 carrots
- 1 grapefruit (use rhubarb if in season)
- makes about 6 oz.
She said this would wake me up as well as any coffee, so I gave it a whirl.
This juice makes a beautiful coral color because of the lack of greens (hence the “lady” title), but also has quite a kick because of the tartness of the grapefruit and the ginger. I added waaaay too much ginger (so much that it was more like a ginger burn than a ginger zing), but nonetheless it was quite a flavorful waker upper (hence the “in yo face”). Next time I will add ginger judiciously.
- 200 g carrot (about 2):
- a whopping 660% RDA Vitamin A (33,000 IU)
- 20% RDA Vitamin C (12 mg)
- 18% Potassium (640 mg)
- 32% Vitamin K (16.4 mcg)
- also some B6, Folate, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Manganese
- calories 80
- 200 g grapefruit (small-med grapefruit)
- 48% RDA vitamin A (1854 IU)
- 104% RDA vitamin C (68.6 mg)
- 8% RDA potassium (274 mg)
- Trace Copper, Magnesium, Thiamin, Vitamin B5, B6, Vitamin E
- calories: 64
- Total calories: 144