How much should we sleep?
I slept an unprecedented 10 hours last night. That’s right. Ten.
For a gal who usually weighs in under 7, 10 felt like a luxury only reserved for vacation or illness. Oh, and then I had a nap. For an hour.
What the what?
Perhaps it’s because I’ve been chronically underslept since my early twenties, or perhaps it’s simply that this weekend is the first time I’ve been able to unwind a bit. Who can say for sure? But science does keep beating us over the head: Sleep is good for you.
The Paleo movement (which I’ve been dabbling in for the last few months) is not just about food. They’re also big on sleep. In fact, sleep ranks #1 on Paleo Gugu Mark Sisson’s Daily Apple this week – for tips on building lean muscle mass! Go figure!
Check out these recent articles from reputable sources:
- Sleep is good for your long term memory.
- Nine reasons to sleep more.
- Sleep on your side to facilitate brain detox.
- Good sleep helps your relationship.
- Why you should own a sleep mask.*
- Generally, why you should sleep.
- More on why you should sleep. Usually 8 hours.
And now go on. Nap.
*My mom says, “I really noticed an improvement in my sleep when I started wearing a sleep mask!” She petitioned me to put this link in. Enjoy!