What I’ve done (and why you can trust me)
In addition to entrenching myself in education and loving yoga, I understand our business. I’ve run studios, hired teachers, managed teachers, created trainings, run trainings, trained faculty, created programs, managed budgets, and coordinated marketing.
In short, I understand where you’re coming from.
I also understand education.
- Director of Teachers College for YYoga (largest corporately owned yoga studio in Canada), where I managed everything relating to teacher education for 7+ years
- Educational consultant for a broad array of yoga clients
- Created 200 hour, 300 hour and numerous niche yoga and fitness training offerings
- Has personally led over 4000 hours of teacher training
- Trains faculty to excellence, mentors teachers
- Has helped managed over 300 yoga teachers (included auditioning, hiring, coaching) across twelve studios
- Teacher Manager for Yoga Works (East Coast), New York City
- Studio Director for YYoga (directly managed teachers and programming)
- Sales Associate for MINDBODY Online
- Yoga Faculty at YYoga, Sempervia, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, Yoga Works
- Faculty at Columbia University MFA Program, University of San Francisco, Tisch School of the Arts, Stella Adler Conservatory, Langara College, Schoolcreative
- Florida State University, Masters of Science, Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts, English and Theatre
- American Conservatory Theatre, Masters of Fine Arts
- Justice Institute of British Columbia, Instructors Development Certificate
- ISHTA 500-Hour Teacher Training (YA), New York, NY, September 2003-January 2005
- Yoga Works 500-Hour Certification (YA), Los Angeles, CA, September 2008
- Restorative Teacher Training, Jillian Pransky, New York, 2004
- The Art of Energetic Alignment (YA) with Twee Merrigan, Vancouver
- Ashtanga Yoga Vancouver, Apprenticeship, Vancouver, January-March 2009
- Anusara Immersions and Teacher Trainings (200 Hours), Chris Chavez, Vancouver 2010-2011
- Therapeutics, Susi Hately Aldous, Victoria, March 2011
- Therapeutics, Jonas Westring, Vancouver, August 2011
- Upper Body Pro-Section, Somatic Exploration, January 2012
- The Wisdom of Yoga Home Study Program, Carlos Pomeda, Philosophy, November 2011-June 2012
- Six-Day Intensive Hands on Human Dissection, Gil Hedley, April 2012
- Lower Body Pro-section, Somatic Explorations, May 2012
- Restorative Teacher Training, Susi Hately Aldous, 2-days, June 2012
- Restorative Teacher Training, Judith Hansen Lasater, 5-days, September 2012
- Integrated Systems Model for Pain and Disability, Diane Lee and LJ Lee, April 2013
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, Sports Course, April 2013
- Six-Day Intensive Hands on Human Dissection, Gil Hedley, April 2013
- The Roots & Therapeutics, John Friend and Desi Springer, 5-days, September 2013
Workshops/ Immersions: Noah Maze, Shiva Rea, Sean Corne, Rolf Gates, Mark Whitwell, John Scott, Aadil Palkivala, Judith Lasater, John Friend, Anodea Judith, Martin Kirk, Rod Stryker, Annie Carpenter, Ana Forrest, Leslie Kaminoff, Blake Martin, Martin Kirk, and David Swenson.
Instructional Portfolio (examples of work).