Educator. Yogi. Nerd. Creative.
I create education. I help you create education.
As the Director of Teachers’ College and Development for YYoga, I manage a department of educational offerings that spans yoga and fitness. I conceived, structured and created YYoga’s 200-hour teacher training and mentorship program as well as curated the 300-hour and continuing education offerings. I am an instructional designer specializing in yoga and wellness.
- Masters of Science in Instructional Systems and Learning Technology
- BA Columbia University
I am a teachers’ teacher.
- 4000 hours as a yoga teacher trainer
- Mentor, coach
- Faculty – NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts (MFA), Columbia University (MFA), University of San Francisco, West Vancouver High School
- Faculty – Public Theatre Shakespeare Lab, Schoolcreative, Stella Adler Conservatory, University of San Francisco, West Vancouver High School
- Yoga International
- Huffington Post
- Half Moon
- Wit and Wisdom from the Yoga Mat (2016)
- Head Over Heels: A Yogi’s Guide to Dating (2017)
I get the business of yoga.
- Director of Teachers College and Development, YYoga
- Studio Director, YYoga
- Teacher Manager, Yoga Works
- Sales Specialist, MINDBODY Online
Random creative stuff: my artistic background has inspired a deep appreciation for the healing power of integrating breath, movement, feeling, and space. I earned my BA from Columbia University (Magna Cum Laude/ Phi Beta Kappa) and MFA in Acting from the American Conservatory Theatre. I’ve gigged on TV and film as well as tromped the black box theatres of New York City. Musically, I produced and performed on two cd’s for YYoga (Listen to Understand, volumes 1 & 2) with proceeds benefiting the Vancouver Children’s Hospital. I sing opera for fun.
- ISHTA 500-Hour Teacher Training (YA), New York, NY, September 2003-January 2005
- Yoga Works 500-Hour Certification (YA), Los Angeles, CA, September 2008
- Restorative Teacher Training, Jillian Pransky, New York, 2004
- The Art of Energetic Alignment (YA) with Twee Merrigan, Vancouver
- Ashtanga Yoga Vancouver, Apprenticeship, Vancouver, January-March 2009
- Anusara Immersions and Teacher Trainings (200 Hours), Chris Chavez, Vancouver 2010-2011
- Therapeutics, Susi Hately Aldous, Victoria, March 2011
- Therapeutics, Jonas Westring, Vancouver, August 2011
- Upper Body Pro-Section, Somatic Exploration, January 2012
- The Wisdom of Yoga Home Study Program, Carlos Pomeda, Philosophy, November 2011-June 2012
- Six-Day Intensive Hands on Human Dissection, Gil Hedley, April 2012
- Lower Body Pro-section, Somatic Explorations, May 2012
- Restorative Teacher Training, Susi Hately Aldous, 2-days, June 2012
- Restorative Teacher Training, Judith Hansen Lasater, 5-days, September 2012
- Integrated Systems Model for Pain and Disability, Diane Lee and LJ Lee, April 2013
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, Sports Course, April 2013
- Six-Day Intensive Hands on Human Dissection, Gil Hedley, April 2013
- The Roots & Therapeutics, John Friend and Desi Springer, 5-days, September 2013
Further studies include workshops with Noah Maze, Shiva Rea, Sean Corne, Rolf Gates, Mark Whitwell, John Scott, Aadil Palkivala, Judith Lasater, John Friend, Anodea Judith, Martin Kirk, Rod Stryker, Annie Carpenter, Ana Forrest, Leslie Kaminoff, Blake Martin, Martin Kirk, and David Swenson.
- Florida State University, Masters of Science, Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies (expected 2017)
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts, English and Theatre
- American Conservatory Theatre, Masters of Fine Arts
- Justice Institute of British Columbia, Instructors’ Development Certificate